Mobile Apps That’ll Make Your Legal Career Easier
Complete everyday tasks on the go.
Client meetings. Travel. Court appearances. Emails. Long phone calls. Document reviews. Research.
If your typical day contains any of the above items, we bet you have a hard time feeling like you’re actually caught up—or dare we say ahead—for a change.
You’re on the go. Constantly. We get it. And that’s why we want to help you get through your hectic days with something that’s always within your reach… your cell phone.
Mobile apps have come a long way, and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t leverage the convenience they can bring to daily, mundane tasks.
Here are some of the top mobile apps that’ll make your work life more convenient.
Price: Starts at $49 per month
With TeamViewer, it’s almost as if you never left the office. TeamViewer is ISO 27001 certified and HIPAA and SOC2 compliant, so you can be certain your information and files are protected. This app allows you to securely:
- Control other devices remotely
- PC to PC
- PC to mobile
- Mobile to PC
- Mobile to mobile
- Access and make changes to documents
- Wake and restart sleeping devices or install applications
- Use as a VPN alternative
- Track team members’ time and easily view reports
- Leverage customized portals
- And more
Price: Starts at $39 per user per month
Managing your law firm just got a lot easier. Recommended by 66 bar associations and law societies, this cloud-based platform:
- Creates templates and task lists to automate your day-to-day
- Sets reminders, tracks time, and sends secure messages to clients or co-counsel
- Expedites the billing and payment process by customizing your invoices by practice area, case type, or client
- Securely accesses documents from anywhere on any device
- Collaborates in real-time
- Connects to your software, including Microsoft Office 365, QuickBooks, etc.
- And more
Price: Free download for basic account; $4.99 per month for premium account
This mobile scanner lets you scan documents on the go for a price you can afford. Plus, it supports 16 languages including English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Features include:
- Send scanned documents anywhere
- Auto-enhance image quality
- Generate a high-resolution JPEG or PDF
- Extract text from images for editing or sharing
- Supports wireless printing and faxing to more than 30 countries
Price: Free download; you select your weekly budget for leads
Why add marketing to your to-do list when Thumbtack can do it for you? This app will show searching customers your services for free. All you have to do is create an account and select how much you want to pay each week for leads. You pay Thumbtack if a customer talks to or hires you. The amount you pay is based on the size of the job and your location.
Here’s a breakdown of how the process works:
- You set an allocated budget for leads
- A customer searches for lawyers in your area
- Your profile will appear based on matching criteria
- You pay Thumbtack when a customer contacts or hires you
Price: Free trial; starts at $65 per month
Research can be mundane, but as an attorney, it’s a big part of your job. Fastcase can make this task a little easier. You’ll have access to an advanced legal search engine at your fingertips. As one of the largest online law libraries in the world, Fastcase provides you with:
- Comprehensive legal content from case law and statutes to regulations and court rules
- Citation analysis that tells you how often cases have been cited
- Data visualization tools that make it easy to find what you’re looking for
- Unlimited printing
If you’ve ever been in a bind and needed to quickly sign some paperwork, SignMyPad is for you. Instead of taking time out of your busy day to print, sign, and scan or fax documents, you can securely (and legally) do it electronically. It’s as simple as:
- Importing documents from the web, email, or a cloud-based service
- Signing the documents on your mobile device, iPad, Android tablet, or Nook
- Emailing the document back or uploading to your Dropbox
Technology has its advantages. So leverage the convenience your mobile device can bring to everyday life.
Did we miss any helpful apps? Tell us your favorites in the comments.
This article is for informational purposes only.